LV

Username:
_imCj

What service is your suggestion for?
Nation Servers

What are you suggesting?
New or Additional Repair System

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
I am suggesting that we either add to or change the current repair system that requires roughly 27 levels of exp to repair an item. One idea would be a certain amount of imps, whatever you guys deem that amount of exp to be worth. That is all I can think of right now so if anyone has another method outside of exp and imps they would prefer definitely respond to this suggestion. I do believe the option to purchase repairs with $$ would be a great addition though.

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
A lot of money making methods use the durability of tools, but do not provide exp and this dramatically decreases ones ability to farm/build/clear land continuously. It requires you to take breaks to go farm mobs or mine in order to get enough exp to repair your tools to continue your activity. This method or an alternative one (which I am very open to which is why I'm posting this suggestion - respond with your ideas) would allow people to get around this interruption.

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
I am not sure.

GIGeorge

Landlord

Demoria
Forum Premium
Nov 18, 2020
LV

Repairs are a pain. This would make me more interested in repairing my tools rather than never using them to retain durability. The benefit of repairs for the server is that ppl who do builds will be more capable of doing so. I can't go grind exp for hours to clear land for towns when I'm also spending hours building said towns. Using IMPs is a good alternative. +1

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

A repair update is on the way. It will be a little while until it releases but I'm hoping it will add to everything.

Locked and In Progress!

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

We have a new repair system now!
The Blacksmith NPC will charge EXP (Less than it does currently for almost every tool) and an Emerald or 2 to repair your item.

When you bring the item to the NPC he will inform you of the cost for that particular item to be repaired.

• Angry
Reactions: Pixel75

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

I would like to add @_imCj in regards to your point that 'some of these tools don't make exp' you're absolutely correct. However, all things regarding any tool, regardless of what it does, in normal minecraft, does cost EXP. ie: If you put your shovel in an anvil, it still costs you exp to repair it. Further, the amount of EXP in the overall server is quite high. Sadly, I would love to make repairs cost little to no exp (my initial plan was JUST emeralds) but, I could not find a way to make enchanting cost more in the first place to lower the amount of EXP in the server that way.

Long and short is, the only way I can completely remove the EXP cost, is if I can raise the cost of initial enchanting. The only way to raise the cost of initial enchanting at this time, is to remove Enchanting Tables all together and replace it with a separate enchanting system of some sort.

Reactions: GIGeorge and _imCj
Status
Not open for further replies.