Suggestion: Manual jailing through killing potential prisoners instead of /jail teleporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kekaroni

Citizen

Dec 3, 2020
LV

Username:
Kekaroni

What service is your suggestion for?
Nation Servers

What are you suggesting?
Manual jailing through killing potential prisoners instead of /jail teleporting.

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
Instead of being able to instantly jail people using the /jail command you would have to use a different command in which you would have to create a warrant for arrest along with a specified jailing time: /warrant (player) (time) . When a player is warranted they can be pvped by the citizens of the nation and upon dying they are transported to the jail cell for the specified time in the warrant. If you do decide to implement the warrant command you should also implement a /unwarrant (player) command. When a player is warranted they must get to the nation's ship to leave, they cannot use /spawn, /lobby, or any /n#'s.

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
It's unfair to be able to teleport people to jail cells and frankly unrealistic. The current system is lame in the sense that weak players can throw you in prison without getting off of their plots. This would make the jailing system more exciting and encourage players to increase their fighting experience along with their arsenals.

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
I would not know specifically but I am sure that this would require a plugin change and certainly a good amount of effort.

Pab_Jr

Developer
Developer
Forum Premium
Oct 12, 2020
Awards
LV

At this time I dont plan on looking into changing our jailing system for a few reasons, you are mentioning a warrant, well in doing this we would have to have pvp enabled, which some nations do not want. Each nation leadership can setup different guidelines on how to handle jailings, if a leader wishes to force their sheriffs to go to X town to "grab" that user they may do so, however for now the current system will stay in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.