Suggestion: Change spawner dropping to any diamond/enchanted pick… OR provide knowledge and a way to obtain a tool that could be used for this

Status
Not open for further replies.

MocaBear

Landlord

Former Developer
Kypros
Nov 21, 2020
Awards
LV

Username:
UBeagle

What service is your suggestion for?
Skyblock

What are you suggesting?
Change spawner dropping to any diamond/enchanted pick… OR provide knowledge and a way to obtain a tool that could be used for this

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
Change 1 configuration setting to allow other picks to pick up spawners on sb like most other sb servers… or put information for everyone to know that tolls won’t work and provide a “spawner” tool or somethin that is explained can pick up spawners… since silk touch isn’t offered in other places other than enchanting and no warnings are put up.. it just makes players lose spawners that they 1)paid for or 2) received from Kits/voting

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
Less confusion

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
Should be a simple config change or a custom tool ig

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

Hey Beagle! So we were a little confused because we haven't changed any of the silk touch settings for this season. So, we asked around to the people who played last season, and it sounds like it's always required silk-touch on our SB. It sounds like most people just enchanted it or got some villagers to get silk touch the last few seasons.

Additionally, we spoke to a couple people who play SB on other major SB servers and it's apparently fairly standard to have a silk touch pick as the required tool, which I'm sure is why we did that way for the first few seasons.

I'm not sure I understand the suggestions though as I feel like it would be more confusing to create a custom tool type, make it have it's own recipe, and make that the only way to pick up spawners.

MocaBear

Landlord

Former Developer
Kypros
Nov 21, 2020
Awards
LV

In season 1 I was asked to change spawners to any diamond pick. For this exact reason being silk touch wasn’t an easy obtained enchant. And kits came with fortune not silk.

But it’s okay to disregard if u don’t agree. Just making a suggestion for something I think works better in multiple different solutions

Last edited:

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

Blocked Spawners from breaking when the pickaxe used is not silk touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.