LV

Username:
pauldersgate

What service is your suggestion for?
Nation Servers

What are you suggesting?
Bring back bed mining in the nether

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
Mining for ancient debris is hard enough with bed mining enabled, without it it's almost pointless

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
People could get ancient debris and netherite wouldn't be limited to those of us who joined before bed mining was disabled

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
Just reverting the recent change

DrowningInPizza

Cheesiest Lead Admin
LeadAdmin
Admin
Forum Premium
Wiki Team Member
Oct 19, 2020
Awards
LV

Eh.
Gunpowder is honestly relatively easy to gather. I’ve farmed up well over 2 dchests worth just making a dark room mob farm.
I think if bed mining was added back, it should be landlord+ anyways. No causing explosions until your landlord. And at that point tnt is much more efficient.

I’m not really +/-1 but if it is added back I’m +1 on making it landlord+

SmokeMid

Citizen

Nov 15, 2020
LV

bed mining is the worst way of mining the stuff check out this video. I guess it was removed for the purpose of people without Landlord using explosives? Still it is the worst method by far and ur better off strip mining.

pauldersgate

Potion Boi Mod
Aureus
Forum Premium
Oct 21, 2020
Awards
Cleveland, OH
www.hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com
LV

bed mining is the worst way of mining the stuff check out this video. I guess it was removed for the purpose of people without Landlord using explosives? Still it is the worst method by far and ur better off strip mining.

In terms of raw debris/min yes, pickaxe is better, but without mending available it's expensive to maintain your pick while mining for that long. Beds are cheap to make

SmokeMid

Citizen

Nov 15, 2020
LV

In terms of raw debris/min yes, pickaxe is better, but without mending available it's expensive to maintain your pick while mining for that long. Beds are cheap to make
repair sign , 1000 xp is 26 levels and a little.

Pab_Jr

Developer
Developer
Forum Premium
Oct 12, 2020
Awards
LV

On this fine Saturday afternoon let me introduce you to my new friend the TNT block.

Not making a decision on this, but do want to state that TNT is fairly inexpensive, and a good way of going through the end still.

ThirstyDevil

Citizen

Nov 13, 2020
LV

Given how you only gain exp. in the mining world, and not a lot at that, the repair sign is just too expensive to keep going back to. The hassle netherite brings is eased by bed mining so removing it brings unnecessary grinding. Dark mob room for gunpowder is slow and inefficient since creepers isn't the only thing that spawns there and with the only world spawning creepers is the mining world we would have to keep making the farm each month. Contrary to having a sheep and tree farm in your nation you won't have to remake your farm each month. Bed mining is the best way to do it in the least grinding way in a server that already requires grinding in every other aspect . Bring it back please <3.

WeirdBuilder

Strange Dev
Developer
Admin
Forum Premium
Oct 12, 2020
Awards
LV

Let's see how the changes to prevent bed mining affect the netherite economy for now. Feel free to resubmit this suggestion in a couple weeks to a month's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.