Forum Premium
Oct 16, 2020
LV

Username:
BibbityJo

What service is your suggestion for?
Nation Servers

What are you suggesting?
Allow Nations to choose their chat color or make their own /ch Rivendell (or just custom chats in general).

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
Allow nations to choose their chat color (should happen when the nation name is chosen), or make their own custom chats for the nation.

If this isn't possible, at least change nation chat to a different color so it's not so hard to differentiate, the current custom hex is too close on most devices.

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
The current color of nation chat is barely different from the white of global on many devices and causes quite a bit of confusion. I think this will help differentiate the chats better. COverall custom chats could be a donation feature as well, so more money for y'all.

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
No, just editing stuff

Reactions: JoJo_GOAT and _imCj

_imCj

Landlord

Demoria
Nov 17, 2020
LV

+1 the nation chat and global chat colors are extremely similar, I also think it would be cool if a nation could pick a chat color that aligns with their nation color/theme if they have one. Also, the idea of purchasing custom chats for specific purposes within a nation or even globally sounds a good addition as a donation feature or something to purchase with imps.

Reactions: BibbityJo

pauldersgate

Potion Boi Mod
Aureus
Forum Premium
Oct 21, 2020
Awards
Cleveland, OH
www.hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com
LV

I think making /ch n less similar to /ch g is a good idea regardless since not everyone's screen is going to make the distinction very clearly the way they are now. However, I'm not sure about letting nations choose their chat color from an implementation standpoint. I don't know the new chat plugin well, but it may very well be the case that there is only one /ch n meaning all nation chats have to be the same color. If it is possible, I think changing your chat color should be one of the more expensive luxury/customization nation applications (I'm gonna draw up a new suggestion soon with some nation application overhaul ideas drawn from several suggestions)

GIGeorge

Landlord

Demoria
Forum Premium
Nov 18, 2020
LV

Please I hate nation chat. I always end up in global and don’t realize it. PLUS ONE

Pab_Jr

Developer
Developer
Forum Premium
Oct 12, 2020
Awards
LV

As an FYI, Custom Chats will not be happening at this time.

Reactions: BibbityJo

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

Custom chat channels/different colors per Nations will not be happening at this time. We will, however, consider looking into an alternative color for those whose computer seems to be... colorblind for them... No guarantee or ETA on the new color though.

Locked and Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.