Suggestion: Allow for Conduits to function in MAIN world (nations servers) only (not in mining world)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoJo_GOAT

Citizen

Dec 19, 2020
LV

Username:
JoJo_GOAT

What service is your suggestion for?
Nation Servers

What are you suggesting?
Allow for Conduits to function in MAIN world (nations servers) only (not in mining world)

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
Am thinking that it would be a good idea for people to have access to conduits in the main world only when building their lands. It should still be disabled in Mining (There is no water in Nether or End so it wouldn't work anyways).

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
The benefit for the server would be that we would be able to also use oceans and water as "land" and make it easier for landlords to have underwater bases. The slight increase in haste that has been mentioned would be offset by the fact that it takes a long time to get the conduit (which is lost mining time anyways) and also since there is no mining allowed in main worlds this wouldn't impact economies in the worlds. I think this would be a very positive addon for the servers to also see underwater worlds as a serious option and hope that the rest of you do as well.

The benefits would be the underwater breathing and the night vision, the mining speed is underwater mining speed according to wiki (which is anyways slower than above water). The damage to mobs wouldn't be an issue since there are no mobs in main worlds anyways.

Here is the link to the wiki on Conduit and Conduit Powers:

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Conduit

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
No, don't think so

• Love
Reactions: theman12143

Pixel75

Mayor

Demoria
Nov 16, 2020
Awards
LV

-1 While I would like them to be allowed, this would make farming way too over powered with the haste they give off.

JoJo_GOAT

Citizen

Dec 19, 2020
LV

Pixel, what farming are you thinking about here? As all farming as I understand it happens in the mining world which is renewable. The haste as I understand it is a 20% increase in mining speed. Also this increase in mining speed is underwater only according to Wiki.

Pixel75

Mayor

Demoria
Nov 16, 2020
Awards
LV

Farms can be set up where you can touch the water then walk out and have the haste ability for a certain time. This is mostly beneficial for melon farms.

JoJo_GOAT

Citizen

Dec 19, 2020
LV

A melon sells for 1 IMPS. So you would increase the mining speed by 20% for something that sells for 1 IMPS, but you would have to run back and forth to the water (the buff lasts som 15sec). It doesn't make the melons grow faster. So you are still limited by the amount of melons you have and the growth time of them. Not the mining speed. If I AFK at a mob spawner for 5 min, I probably make 200-300 IMPS with a looting 3 sword. I don't think melon farms will change any economies. But I do think that conduits would change the way we can build in our worlds. It would be really cool to have an underwater base where people can come and visit without drowning :)

JoJo_GOAT

Citizen

Dec 19, 2020
LV

No I understand that :). But if this would severely change the economies, I don't think the hassle of 20% haste with running to water and back is the make or break of that business case. Melons are already instantly mined at Efficiency 5 without haste (diamond axe), so maybe setting up that huge melon farm right now would be the right move?

Instant mining – Official Minecraft Wiki (gamepedia.com)

Sorry for the irony in my text, but looking at the table I linked we can all see that the Haste I effect wouldn't change anything for underwater mining. So I hope that everyone else are positive with the suggestion.

Best regards,
JoJo

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

For now, we will not be doing this. In the future we may revisit this topic.

Locked and Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.