LV

Username:
GIGeorge

What service is your suggestion for?
Nation Servers

What are you suggesting?
Make Overthrows More Difficult Than a Vote

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
The process of overthrowing a nation should be more complex than 3 people initiating a vote. (And it may be but I don’t see any info on it)
What I suggest is adding to the process of an overthrow. It could stay at 3 people initiating but add to that. Overthrows of governments in real life aren’t as easy as getting a few people to vote. They generally involve violence or long time frames.

Possible changes could include:
-Make the nation overthrow start a battle between the people and their ruler as well as those who remain loyal to the ruler.

-Have a time frame on how long you have to wait BEFORE starting an overthrow (Give the leader a chance in power for say a week minimum to prove themselves)

-Give alternatives to voting because not all governments follow this method. Such as a dictator taking over and the people having to revolt. (Possibly allow the government to set in place what they want overthrows to include?)

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
-Would be fun for lore on the server. “The Nation3 Revolution” or something of the sort.
-Prevents people from being able to easily take and lose power by votes alone.
-Adds to immersion and roleplay factor of being part of Imperia.
-Allows leaders at least a chance at ruling before being kicked out immediately.

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
No

BibbityJo

Citizen

Forum Premium
Oct 16, 2020
LV

I also agree, even a 1 v 1 PVP fight or something similar to the colonist leader contest would work.

Moosebobby

Citizen

Nov 13, 2020
Mooselandia
LV

I also agree, even a 1 v 1 PVP fight or something similar to the colonist leader contest would work.
I think a vote could be used to start something, and depending on the success of the vote a different action would occur such as:

0-25% in favor of revolution: Revolution fails
26%-49% in favor of revolution: maybe something like the current leader has to accept a demand of the revolting class
50%-65% in favor of revolution: Civil war
66%-80 in favor of revolution: idk something else happens

GIGeorge

Landlord

Demoria
Forum Premium
Nov 18, 2020
LV

1v1 would be awesome actually between leader of the nation and the leader of the revolution. Leader of the Stormcloaks when?

FiFyFoFumOtter

Citizen

Nov 17, 2020
LV

I believe you nailed it initially, it makes more sense to have the initial vote, then a vote to see who is loyal to the leader and who is in favor of separating. Those two groups would then have a massive PVP and the winner leads the nation. It makes the most sense lore wise, would be fun, and allows the leader to hold position by force as long as they have good fighters backing them or have majority of the country behind them still.

zjkhan

Citizen

Nov 20, 2020
LV

I think a vote could be used to start something, and depending on the success of the vote a different action would occur such as:

0-25% in favor of revolution: Revolution fails
26%-49% in favor of revolution: maybe something like the current leader has to accept a demand of the revolting class
50%-65% in favor of revolution: Civil war
66%-80 in favor of revolution: idk something else happens
I think this is a good idea, but considering the politicking is such a big part of the server, maybe if you have upwards of 80% of the vote it’s an automatic overthrow, with the rest of the suggestions you made

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

I will be considering alternatives. Probably won't be implemented for a while. Any additional suggestions on alternatives are welcome here. After looking at the Governments though, I'm leaning towards 'one size doesn't fit all'. So we'll see.

Reactions: Moosebobby
Status
Not open for further replies.