LV

Username:
DOUG_DIMMADOME

What service is your suggestion for?
Imperia

What are you suggesting?
Increase the drop chance of sea crystals

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
When guardians were re-enabled, the loot tables were dramatically nerfed. While I have no problem with the nerfed EXP, shards or incsac rates, the rate of prismarine crystals (used to make sea lanterns) is 0.3%.

In reality, I think the rate is much lower.

As such, I suggest the rate be dramatically increased. Initial testing has shown me get 0 prismarine crystals despite getting over 2 doublechests of shards.

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
...lets us actually get sea lanterns. While i get that some things should be rare, this is a little crazy.

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
n/a.

DOUG_DIMMADOME

Memorial Admin

Nation Leader
Aureus
Nov 13, 2020
Awards
DIMMSDALE, COLONY 4
LV

additionally;

The price of "farming" guardians is exorbitantly higher than every other mob in the game.

The odds of getting a sea temple in your mining world is low. If you're lucky enough to have one, the work required to build the farm is several hours worth. Once you've made the farm, you still get your absolute ass kicked by their thorns effect, which absolutely shreds armor (or obliterates you if you aren't wearing armor).

Reactions: Jeffster_

DrowningInPizza

Cheesiest Lead Admin
LeadAdmin
Admin
Forum Premium
Wiki Team Member
Oct 19, 2020
Awards
LV

I agree, I also farmed close to 2 double chests and got a total of 8 crystals. Tbh, I'd even be fine with crystals having a $0 sell value if it means I could actually get some sea lanterns from farming guardians haha.

GIGeorge

Landlord

Demoria
Forum Premium
Nov 18, 2020
LV

Anything to support ppl building with better materials. +1 it’s nice lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.