LV

Username:
Otter

What service is your suggestion for?
All Servers

What are you suggesting?
Allow us to store/sell XP

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
Some way for users to store EXP (like a exp sign even though those aren’t used here) and a way for us to buy XP

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
People don’t have to worry about dying with levels and they can make money off EXP they earn

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
Maybe signshop just for xp

DrowningInPizza

Cheesiest Lead Admin
LeadAdmin
Admin
Forum Premium
Wiki Team Member
Oct 19, 2020
Awards
LV

I like the idea of maybe being able to /bottle exp ?
I don't know if this would hurt anything, so as long as it doesn't +1 from me :)

Reactions: JellyfishWeeaboo

iSneaky

Citizen

Nov 16, 2020
LV

I like the idea too, I think something like this would be a good idea, not so much for you to not risk dying with exp, but moreso of adding another level to the economy

Reactions: DrowningInPizza

twistedjonny

Citizen

Nov 15, 2020
LV

I like the idea as well. Even if it's where we can't sell them (if you can even implement it like that). Just to store xp.

FiFyFoFumOtter

Citizen

Nov 17, 2020
LV

I like the idea as well. Even if it's where we can't sell them (if you can even implement it like that). Just to store xp.
I believe the selling part is integral, it adds another layer to our economy like Sneaky said. It would make the balancing a bit of a mess as people would be able to sell fishing/mining exp but I think that is important for balancing out mining and adds a whole new industry for people to get involved in.

I do not however like the idea of being able to do it whenever you want with a command, maybe in the main world but disable it in the mining and nether etc so there is still the risk of losing it until you bring it home.

Reactions: twistedjonny

GIGeorge

Landlord

Demoria
Forum Premium
Nov 18, 2020
LV

Please. I keep dying with my exp when I forget I can’t fly.

pauldersgate

Potion Boi Mod
Aureus
Forum Premium
Oct 21, 2020
Awards
Cleveland, OH
www.hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com
LV

I like the idea of storing xp, but /sell doesn't feel right to me, as it would require a lot of price adjustments. In my experience, mining and fishing tend to produce surplus xp while farming and clearing use tools but don't give xp. Being able to store xp and sell it player to player would make it easier for people to repair their farming and clearing tools by buying it from people who end up with surplus xp anyway (mining in the mining world tends to keep my xp level in the 40s or 50s).

Pab_Jr

Developer
Developer
Forum Premium
Oct 12, 2020
Awards
LV

This comment is not a official response to the suggestion, however simply something to give yall something to think about;

Enchanted Items will be worth far more if EXP cannot be stored, as you will have that risk of losing EXP. Storing hundreds of levels of EXP will mean that enchantments are worth dirt.
Again just my personal feelings on the matter. No decision has been made in this regard.

FiFyFoFumOtter

Citizen

Nov 17, 2020
LV

I like the idea of storing xp, but /sell doesn't feel right to me, as it would require a lot of price adjustments. In my experience, mining and fishing tend to produce surplus xp while farming and clearing use tools but don't give xp. Being able to store xp and sell it player to player would make it easier for people to repair their farming and clearing tools by buying it from people who end up with surplus xp anyway (mining in the mining world tends to keep my xp level in the 40s or 50s).
Sorry, to clarify, the suggestion was never to add it to /sell but as you said allow for player to player sale. What I meant was that this adds another factor into the balancing of the economy which is already a hard task that is being worked on right now, and just adds more work and calculations for weird to do. /sell of xp would be awful.

This comment is not a official response to the suggestion, however simply something to give yall something to think about;

Enchanted Items will be worth far more if EXP cannot be stored, as you will have that risk of losing EXP. Storing hundreds of levels of EXP will mean that enchantments are worth dirt.
Again just my personal feelings on the matter. No decision has been made in this regard.
I definitely understand where you are coming from, but I don't think it would make enchanted items worth dirt. I know of another place where XP was storable and sellable and a max pick was still worth 12k~? The players would create the market for enchanted items and they would still have their worth. It would definitely make enchanted items worth less than they are now, but it would open up the economy more and allow for more commerce to happen. I think the biggest argument against implementing this is the headache in balancing out mining (which needs a buff anyways), fishing (which doesn't need any sort of buff), and mob grinders (which have caused many issues already)

Pab_Jr

Developer
Developer
Forum Premium
Oct 12, 2020
Awards
LV

After talking with some other players (Drowninginpizza)

I really like the idea of storing only 1/2 exp in a bottle. For example make the process of storing the exp inefficient.

One plug-in I really like https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/bottledexp.2815/
although I dont think this plug-in has the ability to do what I mentioned.

Lets keep brain storming!

Again not making a decision just keeping yall informed,
this specific plugin would allow for us to charge say 10 exp to store it and you only get 5 when turning it in.

DrowningInPizza

Cheesiest Lead Admin
LeadAdmin
Admin
Forum Premium
Wiki Team Member
Oct 19, 2020
Awards
LV

I definitely like the idea of halving what ends up in the bottle!
A price for convenience sake.

Reactions: GIGeorge

_imCj

Landlord

Demoria
Nov 17, 2020
LV

+1 on any system that allows for exp storage regardless of tax or cost, something is better than nothing.

MocaBear

Landlord

Former Developer
Kypros
Nov 21, 2020
Awards
LV

i know its been several days since this was last posted, but we were just discussing this in game... as something I brought up...

big +1 for the bottling at 1/2 rate!

Reactions: _imCj
Status
Not open for further replies.