LV

Username:
KT4

What service is your suggestion for?
Imperia

What are you suggesting?
Price for honey-related goods, and goods more generally

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
I made a honey farm with the thought process that it being a rare good would mean I could make money from it. It turned out to be so rare that it's priceless (though the term "worthless" is used here, semantically meaning the same thing, but opposites in general use).

The method I ended up actually using to make money other than the wool and leather I get from this too was selling cooked mutton and steak.... and it seems a suggestion has been approved for removing the ability to sell cooked meat (not entirely sure why), so... not great for me

Also, if I may be so bold, a question. Are crafted and cooked goods more valuable than non-crafted or cooked goods? In an RP sense this would make sense, the handiwork required to make stairs from wood makes stairs more valuable than wood irl. Also, from a logical perspective, meat takes coal to cook, so it could be the value of coal and the raw meat combined. The cooked goods are of course negligible if they are made worthless.

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
More things to sell means a more diversified economy, potentially increased trading, more interesting experience and reason to venture for obscure goods.

More money means more landlords, more towns and more nations, and we can get to the warfare stage, which I'm sure everyone is most interested in

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
Doubt it

Reactions: Arhinman

King_Tiger4

Citizen

Nov 15, 2020
LV

I should specify that I believe rarer goods (like honey, carrots, etc, though I lack the latter) should be given a fairly higher price than average goods

So if it's $2.00 for steak (or was), which factors in it taking a short while for cows to grow, be killed and factors in the coal for cooking.

Then factoring in for honeycomb, which takes 5 stages for the honey to be ready and the rarity of the item itself (plus all the flower placing and bee breeding, and campfire making), I'd suggest $5.00, though I'd understand if it were chosen to be lower.

honey bottles should probably be $6.00, since you factor in the bottles (which require getting sand, cooking it into glass and turning the glass into bottles)

honey blocks should therefore be $25.00 (4 honey bottles, plus a premium for crafting it, the roleplaying element)

All of these are of course, merely suggestions, but I would advocate for factoring rarity into the price

King_Tiger4

Citizen

Nov 15, 2020
LV

Also, if the first part was asking for my minecraft username instead of my forum username
my minecraft username is "King_Tiger4"

Arhinman

Citizen

Jan 13, 2021
LV

This thread is quite old, but since it as no official answer yet, I think I should post on this one instead of creating a new one.

I do think having prices on honey items could be interesting. Farming bees is fun and hard (especially since they sleep during the night, and doing a farm in the nether / end is too risky).
Also, since there are mining worlds reset, there is still the possibility to get started on bee farming (and you need silktouch pick, which is quite hard to get)
I think there should be a quite significative price, but not too much because it could be too profitable with a really giant farm (even if it would take months to get enough bee nests)
A bee nest has 5 stages, and once a bee level up the nest, it stays in for 2 mins. If it is like vanilla, it means the day lasts 10 mins, and so does the night. Since the bees don't instant collect and come back to the nest, with only 1 bee you need to wait one entire day + night + a part of the next day. It means around 20-25 minutes. This changes with more bees, but there is still the 2 mins wait per stage + 10 min wait during night. So bee farming is naturally nerfed.

I'm curious about what does the staff think about it.

Thanks !

Last edited:

WeirdBuilder

Strange Dev
Developer
Admin
Forum Premium
Oct 12, 2020
Awards
LV

Honey and other bee-related products will be given sell values in an upcoming economy refresh.

Approved!

Reactions: Arhinman
Status
Not open for further replies.