LV

Username:
kimi2QT

What service is your suggestion for?
Nation Servers

What are you suggesting?
Nation Bans

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
In the event of a severe punishment towards a citizen, there simply isn't a way. I'm asking for a system to be put in place allowing Nations to ban or blacklist citizens (likely an application for judicial officers and nation leaders). Adding to that each Nation should have a ban appeal sections on the forums for those who are deported or banned.

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
This would create a public record of transgressions between severely punished players and Nations. And address a very obvious loophole in the way Nations currently enforce their constitutions. It would give addititional abilities to judicial officers and immigration officers.
Having this in place would complete a justice system on each server. Minus trials but we know not every country or nation has those.

For now I believe it's feasible to have admins approve these applications and add names to the blacklist but in the future it could be more automated.

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
To my knowledge the nations are set up as separate servers. Individual blacklists theoretically already exist.

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

You can? Its called deporting them. We had a Citizen deported aka banned from N4 like 2-3 months ago. Granted, all deportation goes through me and if I do not agree with the reason/severity brought before me it may get kicked back. Deporting people for dumb reasons aka banning them from part of the server isn't on my to-do list. The person previously deported on N4 for instance was repeatedly breaking Nation Laws via theft and when confronted about their behavior showed no remorse or intention to change. Thus deportation.

kimi2QT

Landlord

Aureus
Jan 24, 2021
Awards
LV

It was my understanding that deportations don't apply to citizen. This is a bit of a 2 part suggestion that the so called deportation is public and can potentially be lifted.

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

They do apply to Citizens, it is public as are ban appeals and complaints. As for the reversal, I'll happily add that later today. If a Nation wants to lift a deportation, I have no problem with that.

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

At this time, I will be locking this suggestion as it appears to already be a thing.

Marking as Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.