LV

Username:
MemeCache1935

What service is your suggestion for?
Nation Servers

What are you suggesting?
Make Pets Be Able to Travel Between Worlds

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
Pets make valuable companions in Minecraft, and are fun to have follow you. However, let's say that you come across the perfect pet cat in a mining world. Of course you want to bring it back to your home, but because it came from the mining world, you can't. What I recommend is that players, if they find a pet in a mining world, are allowed to take their pets with them back into the main world, or vice versa if for example you need a dog to keep watch for zombies while you're mining.

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
It allows players to bring the pets they domesticate back to the main world to avoid being Thanos-snapped out of reality when the mining world resets. It also allows players to bring a companion/some extra defense from the main world into the mining one.

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
No, this would not.

GIGeorge

Landlord

Demoria
Forum Premium
Nov 18, 2020
LV

This would be cool if it’s easily incorporated. +1

Alternatively, maybe a pet spawn egg shop from lobby? Or buy a pet donation feature so it’s permanent and can be summoned.

Pab_Jr

Developer
Developer
Forum Premium
Oct 12, 2020
Awards
LV

I have two issues with this suggestion;

So unfortunately this would require custom work, my default vanilla minecraft does not allow for mobs to travel cross world with you (at least no via systems that we have in place), which would mean we can't simply enable it.

Another issue with this suggestion is while it may sound great at first, over time peoples animals would start stacking up, which can cause performance issues for the server.

The best solution that we can currently offer is our Pets via our Store, this allows you to purchase pets, and you can edit how they appear (If base minecraft allows for those animals), that you can call upon, ride, etc. At this time I am going to be denying this suggestion because it simply isn't something we can look into at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.