LV

Username:
kimi2QT

What service is your suggestion for?
Nation Servers

What are you suggesting?
Have the Treasurer notified of taxes

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
Currently the system informs only the nation leaders of the taxes due for the month. I want to Treasurer to also be informed by imperia of the tax amount due. Further the Treasurer should have permission to manage the Nation Balance

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
It seems that the purpose of nation roles is to encourage a structured government. Currently the Treasurer role is essentially meaningless as it has no special permissions, nor is it informed of the taxes due. As things stand the Treasurer's role is only implied to be tax collection (responsibilities beyond that may vary based on nation).
I think these changes would further enforce that realism, and prevent any lapses in tax payments. Many changes of leadership and inactivity have occurred, leaving nations scrambling to acquire vast amounts of imps to pay an unknown tax amount. Allowing the Treasurer access would give more purpose to the role, and thus more realism to the concepts Imperia strives toward.

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
nope

MocaBear

Landlord

Former Developer
Kypros
Nov 21, 2020
Awards
LV

From what i recall, Nation Taxes are given to the Nation Leader, because the amount the nation actually charges its members, doesnt have to equal the amount due.

for example... i can charge my nation members 25k per person for taxes... when my nation's tax burden is only 100k total, because i want to spend ___k on a new town for the nation, or town flags etc. I think this way is more "realistic" as local governments do the same (raise your taxes you owe based on needs of the local community etc) So it would in turn be the nation leader's job to tell the treasurer what they need to collect.

DrowningInPizza

Cheesiest Lead Admin
LeadAdmin
Admin
Forum Premium
Wiki Team Member
Oct 19, 2020
Awards
LV

I'll give two perspectives of feedback. Nation Leader and Admin.

As a Nation Leader, I would not have an issue with the treasurer having more responsibilities as I in the end choose my treasurer, and of course would choose someone I trust with the nation's funds. I would either like both of us to be informed, or only me. As I am the one who ultimately decides what the taxes are (personally with my government, my treasurer and I discuss them together, but server wise it's ultimately my decision) I should be informed what the taxes are, so I can set and adjust accordingly.

From more of an Admin perspective, the role of Treasurer can be changed easier than the Nation Leader. If this was to be implemented, it would account for a lot more permissions changes and we would need to possibly look into giving treasurer a rank , which I know we don't really want to.

TLDR; of my general opinion. I think that the way that it is setup now, allows for different government styles to be roleplayed out. For example, if someone were to make a Dictatorship, I doubt they would want the treasurer being in charge of the funds and unfortunately they can't be both. Personally, I give my treasurer more control in the nation than what the server does, because of the government style that I've chosen in my nation. I can see where you're coming from, but I think it would have to be more complicated than just giving them access, I think the Nation Leader would have to be involved in that decision per nation.

_imCj

Landlord

Demoria
Nov 17, 2020
LV

+1 to literally any sort of revamp to the treasurer rank or removing it entirely, based on the title itself it implies that the role would be in charge of managing both the nation balance as well as/or the nation funds, but that's not the case. There are no inherent duties of this role at all outside of tax collection (which many nations have implemented alternate methods for) so why does it exist at all, if a nation wants a treasurer and intends to give them power they can, but they have no obligation to do so. It's function as a mandatory nation staff rank doesn't seem to really make sense at this point, as they are granted no powers. The immigration officer, judicial officer, and sheriff all have a specific purpose. Anyways either changing it or taking it out of the equation are equally effective so this comment is in support of both (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: DrowningInPizza

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

I will not be personally informing the treasurer of tax amounts at this time. However, there are some changes to treasurer in the works. I cannot speculate on when those changes will take place as what is being worked on is a fairly massive over haul of some of our systems.

Locked and Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.