LV

Username:
DOUG_DIMMADOME

What service is your suggestion for?
Imperia

What are you suggesting?
Enable Ender Dragon upon end reset

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
Enable (or don't butcher?) the ender dragon upon end reset.

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
Community involvement and a more "minecrafty" experience.

Part of Minecraft's biggest draw for groups is fighting bosses, namely the wither and the ender dragon. The Ender Dragon, in particular, is one of the most important/exciting fights for communities in Minecraft, and thats no different here. Because our nations system urges us to group together and work towards a common cause, the end-dragon.

While I get the fears that the EXP drops from the ender-dragon are "op", that's not really a fair assessment. The ender dragon drops 12,000 experience - the equivalent of about a eight level 30 enchantments or 12 repairs at the blacksmith on the boat total. Considering Mending is disabled here, that is an incredibly small amount of experience; during the average mining voyage for me, I come home with 6-8k exp. All of this is compounded down even further when we consider that most nations will fight the end together as a community, not alone, so that experience will end up pulled between several people.

With regards to re-spawning the end dragon, I also believe it should be allowed; consecutive kills of the ender dragon only grant the fighters a dragon egg and 500 experience; substantially smaller than any other form of EXP mining.

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
NO.

Chundi_Jr

Citizen

Nov 9, 2020
LV

I agree! Killing the ender dragon is generally more effective if you work as a team. For this reason, I believe having the dragon spawn in with each reset would allow us to strengthen relationships within our colonies!
If you take team work into account, the 12,000 EXP is really not THAT much and could easily be obtained with ~2 hours of mob grinding.

Pab_Jr

Developer
Developer
Forum Premium
Oct 12, 2020
Awards
LV

I do like the idea, however for now I ask that you all bear with us as we make changes in regards to how a lot of the things on our server function. If you still wish for this to become a thing in the future go ahead and file a new suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.