LV

Username:
jkllong2004

What service is your suggestion for?
All Servers

What are you suggesting?
Custom Crafting

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
For starters, I love the vanilla crafting of minecraft/server.
What I do propose however is custom crafting and skills/ranks required to craft some items.

As our crafting stands currently, all of us are realitily self sustaining when crafting.

If there was a custom crafting system in place to make, lets say a “super pickaxe” and the durability lasted say 3 times longer than a diamond pickaxe this item would be very valuable. But these custom crafted items do not have be extremely valuable in order to be more fun/effective at promoting trading between players.

So try not to get to hung up on the end items and focus on the process/parts that are required to make this example item of a “super pickaxe”

One simplified example:

Craft 1: 9 cobblestone
Skill required Any
Item crafted “cobblestone block”

Craft 2: 9 “cobblestone blocks” + 3 “Iron bricks”
Skill required “Stone master I” level 1
Item crafted “Steel Ingot”

Craft 2: 9 Iron blocks (one in each slot of the crafting table)
Skill required “Iron Man master II”
Item crafted 1 Iron brick

You get the point......

So this is one very simplified version of almost endless possibles we would have with a custom crafting plug-in.

Main points to take away:

In this example the custom “cobblestone blocks” and “Iron bricks” themselves would not be very valuable and do not have to be in order to promote more trading and would be sought after by other players.

The skills required to craft some of these items at each level, I believe would also up the incentive for other players to learn/master.

Here is a link to a plug-in that has this capability with a great interface/GUI.
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/1-9-1-16-custom-recipes-and-crafting-craftenhance.65058/

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
The benefits would make for a "healtyier" economy. The more trading the better. This is just one way we could enjoy each others abilities.

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
Pretty sure this would require a new one link to one I found once more
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/1-9-1-16-custom-recipes-and-crafting-craftenhance.65058/

Chundi_Jr

Citizen

Nov 9, 2020
LV

This sounds really cool and would help out with the RPG aspect of the server! +1

Qubs

Citizen

Nov 16, 2020
LV

So the idea is awesome, but it would require A LOT of work to pull it off, my suggestion
(to make things that much harder :p )
is that we could try to tie the ability to craft to maybe something like mcmmo, that from what I know will be on the server at some point. Maybe it would be easier than making a new system of skills?

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

As of right now, we have a lot, and I mean a lot of crazy fun things we’re planning to implement or do to add to the RPG element and make the server a lot of fun. Due to this, adding more things to the Devs to do list isn’t on my to do list. I get where you’re coming from and maybe in a couple of months we could revisit the idea. I wish y’all could see everything the future has planned... alas... then it wouldn’t be a surprise :)

Locked and Denied

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: Moosebobby and Qubs
Status
Not open for further replies.