Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

Nation Laws and Constitution

Article 1: Rule Extensions
1.a All overarching server rules apply to all inhabitants and visitors of Rivendell (herein Denizens referring to Citizen+ living or staying on Rivendell).​
1.b Inhabitants of Rivendell (herein Rivendellians) are obligated to follow all rules of any town that they are currently within the borders of. This includes rules prohibiting griefing, build rules, etc.​
1.c Similarly nationwide laws must apply within the borders of any town within Rivendell.​

Article 1 violations of the server rules are, and will be enforced by Imperia staff.

Article 2: Foreign Policy and Interactions
2.a Rivendellians are prohibited from declaring, or threatening to declare, war with another nation.​
2.a.i Breach of section 2.a is punishable by fines outlined in 8.a up to 50k or Deportation.​
2.b Rivendellians are encouraged to be courteous to those of other nations, however, are not to disclose sensitive information of Rivendell’s proceedings (including but not limited to details involving war, and espionage).​
2.b.i Breach of section 2.b is punishable by jailing per 8.b or deportation depending on severity.​

Article 3: PvP Combat
3.a PvP will be disabled in the Main and Mining worlds.​
3.b The killing of a Denizen is prohibited outside of the Nether and End, even through indirect means, is prohibited unless due to reasons outlined in Article 3.c​
3.b.i Breach of section 3.b is punishable by deportation and possible Imperia ban.​
3.c Outside of server or nation events, the only time a player may be killed in Main or Mining is to defend property. This means if someone is caught actively griefing a settlement or community area (including spawners/grinders), a warning may be issued in chat, if the accused continues to grief, the warning party may kill them via drowning, lava, suffocation, berries etc.​
3.c.i Be sure to get screenshots and report to Sheriffs or Council, failure to provide documentation may result in punishments outlined 3.b​

Article 4: Construction, Demolition, and LWC

4.a All above ground farms must be presentable and look natural within the context of the build. Large scale farms must be built underground.​
4.a.i Farms found to be built outside of this are subject to demolition and may encounter fines not to exceed 5k per week after notified by a member of the Council via ingame mail.​
4.b Any Denizen who is inactive for a period of 14+ days will be considered a deserter and their property and/or locks will be removed from the wildlands of Rivendell.​
4.b.i The first Rivendellian to report a deserter’s locked chest coordinates to the nation leader via /mail will have primary looting rights. Discord and pm will not be valid. If the lucky Rivendellian is not online to collect the items they will be moved to shulker box(es) at the donation center. And held there up to 3 days; following that period, items will be considered nation property.​
4.c All resource collecting is to be done in /warp mining, nether or end.​
4.c.i Breach of 4.c may result in fines outlined in article 8.​
4.d Severe demolition or flattening of land is forbidden (even in your own town). Subject to a fine of up to $50k depending on severity.​
4.d.i Demolition and griefing of wild structures (not in a town) is forbidden. This involves the intentional removal of blocks in an established settlement (a structure containing at least 1 locked chest, furnace or smoker) if the user has been on within 14 days​
4.d.ii If you are caught demolishing wild structures, you will be subject to a fine not to exceed $20k dependent on the severity.​
4.d.iii If caught griefing and you cease to stop after being warned by another Rivendellian, you forfeit sanctuary. This means the warning Rivendellian is authorized to murder the griefer.​
4.d.iv The nation leader may waive this law in varying degrees, if they are consulted prior to any landscape changes.​
4.e Breaking of spawners and/or grinders in the mining or nether words is strictly prohibited.​
4.e.i If you are found to have broken/griefed a spawner/grinder, you may be jailed for up to 30 mins per infraction. A third infraction will result in deportation.​

Article 5: Public Projects
5.a Griefing of public builds and farms is strictly prohibited. This includes public farms and public grinders.​
5.b Public projects in the immediate spawn area in all worlds must be verbally approved by a Council member prior to beginning and materials must be approved.​

Article 6: Immigration
6.a All immigration applications will require processing and expressed permission from the current Rivendell Immigration Officer.​
6.a.i Applicants must allow a maximum of 48 hours for the Immigration Officer’s response.​
6.b Those who hold a criminal record will not be granted immigration into Rivendell.​
6.b.i This may only be waived under the discretion of The President or Vice-President.​

Article 7: Taxation
7.a The government of Rivendell reserves the right to tax citizens of the nation to generate funds for projects that benefit the nation as a whole and pay the nation taxes to Imperia.​
7.a.i Taxes will be collected based on rank starting February 1st, 2021 on a monthly basis. They will be due by the last Friday of that month. All taxes will be paid to each corresponding person’s tax chest shop which will be located at the Tax Hall. These signs will allow each person to purchase sticks. Please note if you buy a stick from the wrong sign, you will not be refunded but will still be expected to purchase all the sticks from your chest.​

+Citizens: Will not be taxed until they exceed 3 active months of play on the nation​
(to be taxed as Colonists following this period)​
+Colonists: $3,000​
+Landlord: $10,000​
+Mayor: $15,000​
+Governor: $20,000​
+Baron: $30,000​

7.a.ii Landlords+ within Rivendell have the right to tax the [Citizen](s) of their town as long as the tax is conveyed prior to joining of the town.​
7.a.iii In the event that a [Colonist] cannot generate enough income for taxes. They may contribute to ongoing nation projects in exchange for tax exemption. This can only be done once and they are still obligated to pay taxes in the future. The Nation is not required to have projects to be worked on at any given time. If there are no current projects tax exemption cannot be used.​
7.a.iv If a person expects to be less active or has an emergency situation which would prevent them from paying taxes. They should speak with the Treasurer to negotiate alternatives. The Treasurer is not required to reach an alternative agreement.​

Article 8: Punishment
8.a Fines will increase in $5k increments dependent on severity up to an additional 50k unless otherwise specified. All fines are to be paid to the Treasurer within one week of sentencing. The accused is expected to have a time-stamped screenshot of the payment.​
8.a.i Failure to pay fines may result in additional jail time or deportation from Rivendell​
8.b Jail time is served in a cell at spawn, you will be provided with a fishing pole to fish while jailed to assist with the payment of fines.​
8.c Mutes may be issued by the designated Rivendell council if a chat rule is broken after one initial warning.​
8.d Deportation may be filed for, following 2 prior sentences for the same issue, or dependent on the severity and egregiousness of a crime. The Nation leader and Judicial Officer should be contacted with evidence of committed crimes.​
8.e Breaking General Rules 1 through 6 are punishable by a minimum of 10 mins jail time per infraction.​
8.e.i Breaking General Rules 7 through 9 may result in a warning or fine on first offense. Followed by jail time dependent on severity.​

General Rules; subject to punishments outlined in Article 8:
1. No Scamming
2. No Stealing
3. No Murder
4. Pay your taxes
5. No Trolling. This means to incite conflict or engage users in a derogatory or taunting manner.
6. No Slurs, Homophobia, Racism, Bullying, Harassment of others, sexual suggestions, etc.
7. No selling/exporting shulker shells, spawn eggs, or task tokens to other nations or the Imperia market.
8. No Griefing
8.a Replant all farms​
9. No Killing Animals within Homes/Fenced areas that do not belong to you. With the exception of public farms where you must leave enough animals to repopulate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

Second Section Due to Very Long Rules

Per Article 8 Nation rule violations will result in jail/mute/fines by [Sheriff]+. Citizens may report rule breaking to nation staff but cannot enforce them.

Rivendellian -A legal citizen of Rivendell, having the rank [Colonist] or higher.
Denizen -A person visiting or living in Rivendell, including Rivendellians.
Nation leader -The person voted into the highest position of power. They guide the nation's
development, and nurture relations with other nations.
Treasurer -The person in charge of tax collection. They may have other duties assigned to them by the nation leader.
Judicial Officer -The person in charge of the sheriffs. They keep a record of crimes, fines, and help with issues between nation staff and Denizens.
Sheriff -Nation staff that resolve issues between Denizens. They also issue warnings, mutes, fines, and jail time for rule breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.