Not a Bug Bug Report: When I do /rtp within the same world as my dog it doesn't always teleport to me

Spiritlesswolf

Citizen

Jan 6, 2021
LV

Username:
Spiritlesswolf

Please write a brief description of the bug or issue.
When I do /rtp within the same world as my dog it doesn't always teleport to me

Please describe in detail the bug or issue.
When I teleport my dog doesn't always teleport with me even though he will sometimes? I am thinking it might be to do with the distance so I am not sure if its a bug or just how the dogs teleporting works on this server?

Evidence:
https://imgur.com/a/OufjNgQ

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

I am fairly certain thats a minecraft thing. For the dog to teleport, his chunk has to still be loaded. So sometimes, if you teleport away and the chunk deloads before the dog triggers its teleport thing, it won't.

Spiritlesswolf

Citizen

Jan 6, 2021
LV

Interesting, it's just that i've never had that problem before on other minecraft servers so wasnt sure why it would be happening

Pab_Jr

Developer
Developer
Forum Premium
Oct 12, 2020
Awards
LV

Ill investigate this as I have time, however at this moment in time I am inclined to believe it has something to do with minecraft mechanics. (It is at least not something that we have intentionally turned off) - I will however not be putting this very high on my to do list.

Reactions: Spiritlesswolf

Spiritlesswolf

Citizen

Jan 6, 2021
LV

Ill investigate this as I have time, however at this moment in time I am inclined to believe it has something to do with minecraft mechanics. (It is at least not something that we have intentionally turned off) - I will however not be putting this very high on my to do list.
That's fair enough. Not a huge problem.