LV

Username:
TomKFC

What service is your suggestion for?
Nation Servers

What are you suggesting?
Teleport for all.

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
I would like all players to have access to teleport within their nations, possibly with a cooldown.

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
As of the writing of this suggestion, regular players cannot teleport to eachother. This feature (or lack thereof) is part of the "realism" imperia attempts to deliver and I personally see it as unnecessary tedium, although I've only ever seen a handful of players complain about this.

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
Exisiting plugin, just permission changes.

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

After an in-depth discussion of the benefits of adding teleport vs the downsides, we determined we would continue not having teleport.

Why not?
1) it detracts from the Nation Warps given by Nation Upgrades. For example, Demoria currently has an active one for access to their farm.

2) it discourages community building as it makes it easier to move around easily and thus people are more likely to spread out.

3) it can result in quests being done too easily as people may just teleport others to the goal.

In conclusion, most nations have simply added a public transit system and it seems to be working well for them. I don’t see a reason to bypass an already available options especially when the vast majority of players I’ve spoken to either don’t care or actually enjoy the normal Minecraft transportation systems in their nations.

I’d like to add that as is the second time you’ve cited ‘realism’ as our reasoning, most of the time that is barely scratching the surface of why we decided something. Often times there are far more gameplay related considerations/economy related/goal related/etc that are taken into consideration. Realism went out the window when we added gods :p

Thus I’ll be denying this suggestion.

Locked and Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.