LV

Username:
Raikou_Raine

What service is your suggestion for?
Nation Servers

What are you suggesting?
Retract or resell paid lands

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
Hey so I spoke to EB a little bit on this, but basically I plan on living on somebody else’s property if they take me in because it is boring to live on lands by yourself and I’ve noticed lately there aren’t many players or new players seeking places to live or co exist as far as I can tell, A lot of our properties are far away from spawn so it isn't easy for the new people to travel and look at people’s towns etc. Honestly when I first started I settled in the first town I saw, and that was right at spawn point, and as far as I can tell I don’t think it’s really easy to try and recruit people to your towns just to have some people to be around and play with. So I have a suggestion about lands that are permanently made, I was thinking maybe if we don’t want to have these lands anymore we could maybe resell it back with a reduced price or store it away as a credit for a fee. I was told once you buy it, it is permanent and you cannot get rid of it, there should be some sort of option of dealing with this kind of thing for people who want to retract these permanent lands. Maybe make an option to pay the server a reasonable amount of real life cash to retract it as a credit or something within this nature. Just so players like me can have an option, ya know? I understand it may take a lot of work to clean something like this up, but I feel we definitely should have this type of option. But anyways that is my suggestion and I appreciate management for considering this, I the player will definitely appreciate this kind of option!

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
I honestly think this will benefit the players & also benefit the server. Something that will make the players happy that this is an option they can think about, and if the server goes in the direction of an actual real cash option, It will benefit the server on that kind of level also. So it’s basically a win-win situation but I don’t know how much work it is just to do it for a developer.

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
I have no idea.

Pab_Jr

Developer
Developer
Forum Premium
Oct 12, 2020
Awards
LV

There are a few issues that could arise from this,

First off im assuming you mean towns, if that is the case you can't simply wipe a town and call it good, what if you have other people living in said town? Whatever they built would no longer be protected, allowing it to get griefed, which in turn would mean you were scamming them as you sold them a safe space to build which is no longer protected.
Next up, I dont know how permissions are presently set up but normally you do not need your Admin's to have access to deleting regions. Implementing this means giving a permission to Admins that quite frankly can mess quite a bit of stuff up, or forcing Revan/Dip to have more work on their plate.

Personally you should make your decision prior to reaching said rank and placing the town, Town credits are in place for those who made up their mind on this matter already, you just gotta make it up before ranking up and placing the town.

On the subject of custom development, I promise that there is already quite a backlog with the new skyblock server, the work required to put this in place in my eyes does not have a big enough impact to warrant dev hours.

A solution is to always sell your town to another player instead :)

just the opinion from in inactive Ex-Dev :)

Raikou_Raine

Citizen

Sep 27, 2021
LV

There are a few issues that could arise from this,

First off im assuming you mean towns, if that is the case you can't simply wipe a town and call it good, what if you have other people living in said town? Whatever they built would no longer be protected, allowing it to get griefed, which in turn would mean you were scamming them as you sold them a safe space to build which is no longer protected.
Next up, I dont know how permissions are presently set up but normally you do not need your Admin's to have access to deleting regions. Implementing this means giving a permission to Admins that quite frankly can mess quite a bit of stuff up, or forcing Revan/Dip to have more work on their plate.

Personally you should make your decision prior to reaching said rank and placing the town, Town credits are in place for those who made up their mind on this matter already, you just gotta make it up before ranking up and placing the town.

On the subject of custom development, I promise that there is already quite a backlog with the new skyblock server, the work required to put this in place in my eyes does not have a big enough impact to warrant dev hours.

A solution is to always sell your town to another player instead :)

just the opinion from in inactive Ex-Dev :)
Ah yes thank you for the response Pab, I didn’t think about just selling it to another player beagle recently said we was selling land and it was confined to me that it was allowed. Didn’t really think that was allowed before, so if you resell to another player will it say the new owner on the /rg i? And also I didn’t think about other members who inhabit the land, I personally don’t have anyone on my land, it’s just me. But that’s a good point also. If changing the /rg i to see the new owner of the land that would be cool too. I’m sure this is easier than what was aforementioned.

Last edited:

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

Mayor's+ can file a town transfer application to have a town legally transferred to them that another player has chosen to sell them.

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

So after talking it over, we've decided that the Nations Overhaul comes first and then, if you are still having issues, refile the suggestion and we will readdress it then.

Locked and Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.