LV

Username:
TomKFC

What service is your suggestion for?
Nation Servers

What are you suggesting?
Repair system.

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
I have grown to dislike the repair system and would prefer a return of the repair sign.

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
I guess this is another attack on "realism", however my thinking behind this change are as follows:
1) This change would appeal to casual players
2) This change would aid in world building, making large scale resource gathering and building more attainable

This change would inevitably need some economy balancing, but I don't see this as much of a issue given all the available economy sinks (including the option to just REMOVE money through nation taxes)

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
Exisitng plugin.

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

The repair system was not changed for ‘realism’ the repair system was always meant to be setup this way it just took some time.

The repair sign was specifically stated at the time of its implementation to be temporary.

Effectively the goal behind the current system is and continues to be an encouragement of a tool market. The repair sign ==‘s infinite repairs which means once you have achieved max tools you never need new ones making exp practically pointless and trading equally useless for tools.

Meanwhile the new repair system allowed for a use for emeralds, which without villagers are useless while also ensuring there will always be a need for tools/armor/etc. One of the worst things I can think of to do economically is to ensure that something will last forever. We have players who currently make a living selling new tools to others for instance making it a viable way to play.

Long and short, it is absolutely an inconvenience but it’s one that makes sense.

That being said, I would be willing to discuss potential changes to the current system to make it less of a pain. So long as there is an understanding that the thing I won’t budge on is all tools/armor should eventually break. (On that note there was extensive testing done to try and balance out how much a tool needs to be used vs it’s inherent profit and how often a tool is likely to break which is how we determined the repair prices and limits currently)

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

As no one has added onto here a way to improve the repair system, as was requested ^ I will be closing this.

In the event you have a way you feel the repair system can be improved, while keeping in mind that the system must not allow for everlasting items and a continued use for emeralds, I will be happy to consider it!

Locked and Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.