Suggestion: Removing McMMO Hardcore mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomKFC

Baron

Nation Leader
Kypros
Nov 14, 2020
Awards
LV

Username:
TomKFC

What service is your suggestion for?
All Servers

What are you suggesting?
Removing McMMO Hardcore mode.

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
Remove McMMO Hardcore mode for combat skills. Currently, you lose 10% of your combat skills upon death. EDIT: 5% loss per death

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
Losing McMMO levels upon death makes internal nation PvP tournaments unviable. I want to host tournaments without it being a detriment to the partipants.

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
McMMO

Last edited:

MocaBear

Landlord

Former Developer
Kypros
Nov 21, 2020
Awards
LV

Hardcore mode is a 5% loss of combat levels per death, not 10%

Reactions: TomKFC

_imCj

Landlord

Demoria
Nov 17, 2020
LV

+1 For two reasons, the first being that Tom makes a great point there is no way to host a PvP tournament at the moment as people will lose substantial amounts of levels/time for dying essentially on purpose. But also beyond that the hardcore mode in general never made complete sense to me. For example, why am I losing archery levels for dying from fall damage? The two skills are not related at all and if the goal of McMMO is to add an additional roleplay aspect it doesn't really fit that something that unrealistic is a major component. Prior to reading Tom's suggestion I probably would have still been in support of limiting hardcore mode to combat deaths as that at least makes more sense, but that again removes the possibility of recreational PvP within nations so it probably should just be removed or maybe allow it to be toggled within a PvP zone, though that sounds complicated.

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

So,
+1 For two reasons, the first being that Tom makes a great point there is no way to host a PvP tournament at the moment as people will lose substantial amounts of levels/time for dying essentially on purpose. But also beyond that the hardcore mode in general never made complete sense to me. For example, why am I losing archery levels for dying from fall damage? The two skills are not related at all and if the goal of McMMO is to add an additional roleplay aspect it doesn't really fit that something that unrealistic is a major component. Prior to reading Tom's suggestion I probably would have still been in support of limiting hardcore mode to combat deaths as that at least makes more sense, but that again removes the possibility of recreational PvP within nations so it probably should just be removed or maybe allow it to be toggled within a PvP zone, though that sounds complicated.
Cj makes a good point. Sadly, due to the way McMMO works, I do not believe we can limit it so falling to death only ='s acro loss. Or dying in combat is the only way to lose those levels. However, I've had it pointed out we can make it so that you only start losing levels when you die once you've reached a certain level. ie: Only after level 500 for example. Essentially, there are two sides to the coin :/

Side 1: Combat having consquences for death ='s war once it releases actually having an innate cost.
Side 2: Combat having a consquence discourages combat for fun.

I don't want the server to be a place where no one wants to PvP for fun or not for fun, so I will be looking into what we can change about this.

Feel free to give any additional thoughts about my comment or what you think could work better :) I'm all ears.

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

Soo I’ve thought about it and I might have a solution but I would like thoughts. I could turn on the flag world wide to disable hard core mode and then just disable the flag during war time. Thoughts?

MocaBear

Landlord

Former Developer
Kypros
Nov 21, 2020
Awards
LV

Been a little while since this topic was brought up, but i wanted to add some of my ideas in here...

1)disable hardcore mode as currently ran
2)Enable custom hardcore mode. which would cause you to lose levels based on how you die (fall dmg = acro loss, mob death = combat loss, pvp death = combat loss) etc. I could also enable this based upon level since higher levels are harder to obtain you wouldnt lose as many the higher level you are. Example if you die at level 100.. you lose 5% = 5 levels if you die at level 500 you lose 1% = 5 levels (not exact numbers just examples)
3)disable this hardcore mode in any regions that are in the nation world & have pvp enabled. (either through the worldguard flag pixel mentioned or a custom thing I can do)

This would allow nations to have their pvp matches without worry of losing mcmmo, and it would specify deaths for losing appropriate mcmmo levels, and would expand the "hardcore" mode to all available skills instead of just combat ones, but only if you die by something that effects those skills. War wouldnt be effected by these regions though.

Thoughts? ideas? based on this?

Reactions: Revanrose6

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

McMMO Hardcore mode has been disabled. It will be renabled during war once it’s released.

Locked and Approved

• Love
Reactions: _imCj
Status
Not open for further replies.