LV

Username:
kimi2QT

What service is your suggestion for?
Nation Servers

What are you suggesting?
Blacksmith Appraisal

Explain in detail what you are suggesting:
Add an option to the Blacksmith to appraise an item's durability and # of repairs remaining. He can say something like "I may only be able to repair this 2 more times. You should treat your tools better"

What are the benefits of your suggestion for the server?
With the current repair system we're encouraged to make and enchant multiple tools, and armors pieces. There's no way to track the repairs that have or have not been done to tools and this would help track that without breaking realism. The Blacksmith with his extensive knowledge and experience should easily be able to discern this information at a glance. Or at least give a fairly close approximation

Will this require a new plugin or a change to an existing one? If so, which one.
Changes to the Blacksmith NPC's speech and interaction UI. I think the options can be added so players can choose repair or appraisal the same as other NPC's with branching interaction.

Reactions: DrowningInPizza

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

So at present he should be telling you the max repair number when you get it repaired and the tool should tell you how many times it’s been repaired, but I can look into adding an option to just get an appraisal if you’d like :) probably will take sometime to do but I don’t see why not.

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

Just would like to confirm that you’re asking for an additional option to just ask the blacksmith how many more times a tool can be repaired, right? @kimi2QT

kimi2QT

Landlord

Aureus
Jan 24, 2021
Awards
LV

To add to this. His first time seeing a tool should give some kind of appraisal as well not just after he's performed a repair.

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

I have added to my to-do list getting him fixed. It might take some time but hopefully will make the process better!

Locked and Marked as In Progress!

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

Blacksmith will temporarily be returning in his old form soonish and then getting a full rework after he gets some classes in being a more effective Blacksmith.

Still In Progress

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

Long overdue but... done! Blacksmith now has an appraisal option.

Status
Not open for further replies.