Ship Removal Discussion

Chundi_Jr

Citizen

Nov 9, 2020
LV

Good evening fellow Imperians.

I would like to hear from the community regarding the recent decision to remove our nation’s ships. Tales of Imperia claims to be a “Minecraft Server Community based on the belief of giving back power to the players where possible.” I find it troublesome to see such a divide between Imperian officials and the 4 nations on such a trivial issue. If we are losing our power to keep our ships, a small and purely cosmetic aspect of our nations, where else will we lose power? What does the precedent set today with this decision mean for the future of our nations?

As for why I believe we should have the opportunity to keep our ships, there are multiple reasons that come to mind. First off, if we are looking at this from a lore standpoint, we all had to get on these ships in order to come out to the new lands. Upon creation of a nation, this doesn’t change. We still need a way to get from Imperia and back to our nation, and from Imperia to other nations.

Next, I anticipate that bouncing from leader to leader in a nation would also entail a change in spawn buildings/locations/etc. In my opinion, it is important to keep a consistent spawn point for new players to recognize and navigate easily. The ship is the perfect place for this right now. It has the opportunity to be the one constant in an ever-changing society.

In addition to what has been discussed above regarding the power shift from officials to players, Tales of Imperia states that “[they] hope to create an environment that allows players freedom while encouraging a positive community.” The discussion regarding the ships today did not feel positive in the slightest. I personally felt that the idea to keep the ships was shut down immediately with no logical explanation given. We heard from multiple nations about their desire to keep the ships, and all were met with backlash from Imperian officials.

I would appreciate hearing from other nations on this topic as well as the Imperian officials making these decisions.

WeirdBuilder

Strange Dev
Developer
Admin
Forum Premium
Oct 12, 2020
Awards
LV

While we had planned to host an event to determine the fate of the Colony's ships, I would agree that the final decision should be a player one. People seem to feel strongly about this, so I do believe that it should be up to the players to decide whether they'd like to see an interactive event determine the ship's fate OR a yes/no national decision.

Dare2Dream

Citizen

Nov 11, 2020
California
LV

+1, I really don't see an issue leaving the ships as is or allowing minor changes to make them unique. I'm sure many nations would also be willing to pay a FAIR price in exchange for these boats (i.e., cost of materials) to keep them. Having only portals into these worlds does not have the same effect as arriving by ship, in my opinion. Keeping the ships maintains the creativity and integrity of the community.

FiFyFoFumOtter

Citizen

Nov 17, 2020
LV

As chundi stated the ships have historical significance and for a server that is so strong on lore why would you take away the one common thing all players and all nations have? Beyond that, what are we saying about imperia ? They’re so cheap they can’t afford to let nations keep 4 ships? Chundi also makes a good point about transfer of power, the ships are a common agreed upon ground for all of the nations to fall back on if needed.
+1

BibbityJo

Citizen

Forum Premium
Oct 16, 2020
LV

I agree completely with Chundi and company above.

The nation leaders were essentially given an eviction notice once awarded their title and told that the ship would be removed. From what I saw, any rebuttal or attempt at discussion of this was inappropriately shut down with ill reason.

The main reason I've seen for them being removed is because of lore and future colonies needing the ship. Idk about you, but I've never heard of an empire that doesn't expand their fleet when obtaining new colonies.

I believe that the nations should be able to claim the ship in their new spawn selection. They should be able to opt to remove the Imperia provided portals, NPC, and signs or have them locked elsewhere, but otherwise have full access to the ship including being able to build/decorate it further.

GIGeorge

Landlord

Demoria
Forum Premium
Nov 18, 2020
LV

I thought keeping the boats was just a meme. Lol. Baby nations gotta let mama Imperia have her boats back. Time to fly out of the nest lil chickies. NATION 3 NEEDS NO BOAT!

Also fighting to keep the boats seems like a direct aggressive action towards Imperia. Y’all committing to that?

Dare2Dream

Citizen

Nov 11, 2020
California
LV

I thought keeping the boats was just a meme. Lol. Baby nations gotta let mama Imperia have her boats back. Time to fly out of the nest lil chickies. NATION 3 NEEDS NO BOAT!

Also fighting to keep the boats seems like a direct aggressive action towards Imperia. Y’all committing to that?
That’s what was suggested by Revan from what I recall.

GIGeorge

Landlord

Demoria
Forum Premium
Nov 18, 2020
LV

That’s what was suggested by Revan from what I recall.
I feel like she wasn’t expecting people to actually want to keep the ships. I’d like an official response from Imperia (aka Revan) as to whether this was a joke or not.
Also just to clarify I’m into the roleplay of this server. And I’d like a better idea of lore. From what I gather we as colonist nations are still cooperating with Imperia. If they are taking boats from us, then we can assume the ultimate control is from Imperia. And we all know what happens when a nation is too controlling of their colonies. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: BibbityJo

Dare2Dream

Citizen

Nov 11, 2020
California
LV

I feel like she wasn’t expecting people to actually want to keep the ships. I’d like an official response from Imperia (aka Revan) as to whether this was a joke or not.
Also just to clarify I’m into the roleplay of this server. And I’d like a better idea of lore. From what I gather we as colonist nations are still cooperating with Imperia. If they are taking boats from us, then we can assume the ultimate control is from Imperia. And we all know what happens when a nation is too controlling of their colonies. ;)
Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 3.40.10 PM.png
I would assume this is an official statement, no?

Chundi_Jr

Citizen

Nov 9, 2020
LV

I would also like to officially declare, for the record, that if my boat is stolen from me I will consider it an act of war and there will be retaliation. Also, Imperia can certainly expect not to receive taxes from colonies that have declared war against them.

Stolio

No U
Former Owner
Oct 10, 2020
Awards
LV

@Chundi_Jr

Hello Chlambo,

Revan and I have come up with an appropriate event for you all. This will be a fun light hearted event.

This will be more of a quest line to keep your boats, however, there will be a time limit on a portion that if not met, will have some interesting consequences.

You will be facing both the wrath of @Revanrose6 and me. Sharpen your swords.

I hope you all prepare accordingly for this invasion event.