Quest Ideas Discussion!

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

Quest Ideas Discussion!​

So, myself and several others are hard at work redoing our quest system. We have a lot of ideas and also have been reworking a lot of the current quests, however, I thought it'd be fun to see what you guys might think sounds like fun! So, I figured I'd give you guys a place to put ideas!

I'd like to start off by saying, not every idea will necessarily be used, and there is always a chance if we do use an idea, we might change it a bit. For the sake of surprises, I won't be saying what idea we go with, if any. But, I think it'll be fun for the community to get some involvement :D

So, if you have an idea, just write out a description of what it would be and what NPC you think it would go with! You can even suggest new NPCs!

Reactions: Pxl8r

lenuell

Citizen

Mar 20, 2021
LV

multiplayer! quests! or just some sort of co op thing
possably nation wide quest objectves? the gods coudl give requests for monumets to a nation and that nation coud choose to or to not weather they want tp curry favor with that god idk we could have a saint fro mthat god move into that nation that has enough favor with a certain god or soemthing and the saint could give temp buffs or sell exclusive items that god likes for quest points or seomthing

Last edited:
Reactions: Eggo_XD and Pxl8r

Pxl8r

Citizen

Dec 5, 2020
LV

Maybe an NPC that asks you for stone-type materials like andesite, quartz, and stuff like that, and they could be a sculptor.

Reactions: Leolannan

lenuell

Citizen

Mar 20, 2021
LV

more short story based content! like small story lines where you have to visit multiple npc an example could be they all need soem tihng from ther others but cant work out a deal so you need to help sort it out not all quests need to have a good reward worthwile the fun of it could jsut be from playing through it for example this would let us learn more about the npcs personality and maybe work on some sort of friend ship bar if we do a quest right say the blacksmith needs materials you could bring him iron gold or diamons and youd get a diff reward and amount of "FP" depending on the way you completed it tbh theres lots you could do but implementing it could be to much trouble its better to keep it simle if you dont have that many coders writers and testers ect

lenuell

Citizen

Mar 20, 2021
LV

quests that have a visible impact on the town! maybe the mcmmo crew are all bored of living in the same area the quest would be to get certian blocks and items as a nation to move them int othier own homes or workplaces

Director7

Citizen

Nov 15, 2020
Australia
LV

New NPC: The Sword Dealer

The sword dealer does not know what a sword is. He asks for different items and equipment, and calls them all swords. He calls a shield a flat sword, he calls a helmet a round shield, but if he is ever presented with a sword he'll be confused, since he's never seen an actual sword. He'll never tell the player what he actually wants, he'll just say something like: "I want you to go get me a flat sword for digging", and will want a shovel.

Director7

Citizen

Nov 15, 2020
Australia
LV

New NPC: The Very Tall Dwarf

The Very Tall Dwarf is not a dwarf. He thinks he is a dwarf that suffers from a kind of giganticism, but he's just a regular guy. He constantly asks for dwarf like things, he wants a few stacks of torches for his next adventure into the mines, he wants several stacks of scaffolding for navigating cave systems, he wants a few stacks of stone bricks to build his dwarf fortress, etc.

Director7

Citizen

Nov 15, 2020
Australia
LV

New NPC: The Starving Artist

The Starving Artist is an entertainer who makes no money. You get him art supplies for his paintings, parts for his instruments, props for his plays, etc. As you complete more quests for him, you realise he hasn't made any money, and is getting more and more desperate. Eventually, you discover he has been spending quite literally all of his savings on you, and that is why he is going through his savings so quickly. Could possibly finish the quest with some publicity stunt of sorts for him? Maybe talking to some other NPCs for him to get the word around about his next big performance?

Director7

Citizen

Nov 15, 2020
Australia
LV

New NPC: The Revolutionary

The Revolutionary is trying to overthrow imperia, but has trouble getting supporters. You collect torches and weapons for his upcoming riots and assassinations, and other materials for his revolution. Eventually, you come to realise that he has been stockpiling everything, because nobody is willing to join him. He asks for strange things, like loans and help finding his lost things around the lobby. As his quest line goes on, he changes political ideologies, and becomes more and more radical.

Director7

Citizen

Nov 15, 2020
Australia
LV

New NPC: The Entrepreneur

The entrepreneur is the classic get-rich-quick-scheme guy. He gets you to bring him weird and out there materials that he thinks will greatly rise in price in the near future for outlandish reasons, or things for his strange schemes that he thinks will get him excessively wealthy. For example, "I need 3 stacks of nautilus shells, winter is coming and everyone's string instruments will be out of tune, so they'll want something else to play until it gets warmer! In I come and boom, premium nautilus shells you can blow straight into like a horn! This will finally be my big break!". He will also sometimes try and get you in on pyramid schemes. This is an essential aspect of his character.

Ceramicpigpig

Citizen

Dec 12, 2020
LV

Doctor: has you collect herb/plants and request you make potions and other items (golden apples, healing potions, ect.) (Rewards: Regen potions, Quest Key Money)
Huntress: has you hunt wild animals and make armor (leather) and weapons (bow/iron swords) (Rewards: Food, Money, Quest Key, EXP)

Wizard: Has you collect enchanting levels Rewards: Random Enchanted books/Iron gear, Money, Quest Key)

Quest Keys can be used as a secondary currency like task tokens but can be traded in for a specific reward from the NPC(Example: 5 quest keys for 32 Steak, or 10 keys for 1500 IMPs) these are just estimated exchange rates

Reactions: Pixel75 and TomKFC

Director7

Citizen

Nov 15, 2020
Australia
LV

NPC Idea: The Traveller

The Traveller isn't homeless. No, not at all. He's just, travelling. Yeah! travelling. He's just travelling. It's not that he doesn't have enough money for a home, he just isn't interested in one! Yeah. Though of course if you offered him a house he'd take it, but he's just not interested in one. He's just been... travelling. For now. Just travelling for now. He enjoys doing odd jobs in fact! He's not homeless or anything. Just making that clear.

Director7

Citizen

Nov 15, 2020
Australia
LV

NPC Idea: Schizophrenic

The Schizophrenic is completely obsessed with conspiracy theories and similar things. He is completely obsessed with the idea that everyone around him has been replaced by fakes, and his first few quests are attempts to kill you, making you get things that are very dangerous to get, like ghast tears or whatever. Eventually, he trusts that you're real for one reason or another, and makes you collect things that help him fight off his hallucinations. You get him potions and other strange things, like maybe he thinks that glowstone dust will ward off the evil beings that have replaced everybody or something.

Director7

Citizen

Nov 15, 2020
Australia
LV

NPC Idea: Manipulative Old Man

The manipulative old man tricks you into doing ridiculous things for him under the guise of a nice old man. He pretends to be forgetful, and sometimes gets you to do things multiple times before he pays you for it. He pays you too little, as he pretends to think money is worth more than it is. He pretends to be a clueless old man getting you to help him around, when really he's just taking advantage of people and taking it easy. Could deliberately cause trouble just to guilt you into helping him out when he pretends to be helpless.