IMPs for Temp Features Discussion

Should we sell some of our features for short trial periods for IMPs?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but (insert comment down below)

• No, but (insert comment down below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

IMPs for Temp Features Discussion​

What is the idea?​

I'm considering setting up an NPC at spawn that will allow you to buy some of our features temporarily for IMPs instead of USD. Either on a Daily or Weekly basis or both. The price would of course, be quite high to not upset the IMP to USD rate on the server.

What I'm looking for?​

How do our donors and non donors feel about this? Good idea? Bad idea? Etc.

I'd like everyone to comment below with their opinions as well as vote on the poll provided here.

Pixel75

Mayor

Demoria
Nov 16, 2020
Awards
LV

Would there be a limit for how many times a feature could be bought?

kimi2QT

Landlord

Aureus
Jan 24, 2021
Awards
LV

Long term:
I feel like this should be treated as a promotion offer. Availability would be announced last minute and last for 1-7 days. It can be introduced as a dark merchant. Pricing set at or above market price as it's implied the features would be added right away.

Would be cool to see a forum trophy for purchases.

This all assumes that this would be a reoccurring theme throughout the years of Imperia.

Short term: gimme gimme gimme!

Smart me: wouldn't this deter people from spending money on the server. Thus draining the funds to keep it live? It would undermine the basis for "donating". But wouldn't it also balance the economy by remove excessive amounts of money people have hoarded?

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

New thought that was proposed to me.

What if we set it up to be permanently present at spawn but put a limit on how many times you can buy it with a cooldown. So you can buy the feature 4 weeks in a row, but on the 5th week, you can't. You'd have to wait another month to buy that feature with IMPs again. That way, theres a period of time to encourage players to purchase it with USD or pay another player to.

Also gives players the chance to decide if the feature is worth their USD.

@kimi2QT in regards to your concern, my hope is if we set it up correctly, it'll give players a type of trial version of the feature and make them want to support the server to have that feature permanently.

Smorezs

Aureus
Wiki Team Member
Nov 9, 2020
Awards
LV

I like the idea of so many times before you cant and then have to wait for a cooldown.. Other option could be so many times then you have to USD to get it.

vwman67

Landlord

Aureus
Dec 15, 2020
Awards
LV

Love this allows us to try things out the decide to buy them.

kimi2QT

Landlord

Aureus
Jan 24, 2021
Awards
LV

thanks for clarifying. so the only real benefit i see is if you plan to do a big build or 2, and require fly to do so.

-1 for my misunderstood +1.

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

thanks for clarifying. so the only real benefit i see is if you plan to do a big build or 2, and require fly to do so.

-1 for my misunderstood +1.
idk a lot of players would like to test a feature before purchasing to make sure they want it. Plus, for instance, lets say you buy workbench for a week. At the end of the week, you realize you now can't live without workbench. Now you're going to figure out how to get workbench permanently. Least thats my thought process lol

Revanrose6

Owner

Owner
Oct 11, 2020
Awards
LV

I'm adding this to my to-do list. I'm currently working on something massive (plus several other big projects) so it'll probably a little bit but, definitely will get this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.